Idle Ponderings... Passing Fancies... Lessons Learnt... Second Thoughts... Bursts of Inspiration... Thoughts in Motion...

JAY IN TRANSLATION



A BACKDOOR PASS TO
tH3 DeVioUS aND DiaBOLicAL MiND oF
a SiMpLE CoPYWritER

MAKING WAVES... WITH EVERY WORD... WITH EVERY BREATH...

Posted By Unknown on/at Thursday, November 20, 2008

I'll start off on a tangent...

I'll start with tragic movies.... I hate them... I'm not emotionally bankrupt, mind you... It's just that it lingers in the mind and sucks the happiness out of you... I'd rather leave that festering feeling for real life situtations... Well I know that movies pick up the extraordinary or the unusual and stick it in your face... I enjoy it... It's a good release, we can fantasise, we can have fun... But why do they force us to dwell in misery...

The front pages of a newspapers rarely rarely bear good news... It would be a change for nice to see good news on the front page, and bad news on the second page... Why do I have to start my day with a long face... The crowded city and the hectic traffic manages to do so splendidly well on its own...

The humanitarian side would be the portrayal of wise man equivalent of Dumbledore or Gandalf saying "These things happen my child and you should not turn a blind eye to it. Media is just a window to the reality around you"... A little coloured in perpective though...

And when you just think that your life is splendid the way it is... They raise the expectations tenfold... Hell, I'm being conservative make it thousandfold... You realise your clothes are no longer the in thing and that those that you gave away to charity yesterday was what you should be wearing now....

Sometime's movies make you do stupid things... Getting a ghajini style haircut? Why in blazes should I resemble a retard who has a memory that could be outrivalled by the most primitive pentium... Not even a pentium, make that a stone-agium.... I'm being vindictive (My barber said that there is a chance that if I do get that style, there's a chance hair may not grow back there)... I admit it does make a statement.... But why do we let it govern our lives....

Whys page3 new's obsessed with shattering the lives and happiness of celebrities... We are sadists... We enjoy their fall from grace... It makes us out to be better people in comparison to the people over there... Even though some of us deep inside envy them... How petty of us...

By now you might wonder where this blog is headed, well... Nowhere... Ever heard the term merchant of death.... Well media is a merchant of temptation... Be it misery, gloom, happiness, recognition media has the power to sell it to you... But at the end of the day just remember that you are media's customers, not their loyal subjects....

Exercise some control will ya... Media doesn't define life... Life defines media !!!

...

    Get Feed Share on Digg Share on StumbleUpon Share on Delicious

0 comments: