Idle Ponderings... Passing Fancies... Lessons Learnt... Second Thoughts... Bursts of Inspiration... Thoughts in Motion...

JAY IN TRANSLATION



A BACKDOOR PASS TO
tH3 DeVioUS aND DiaBOLicAL MiND oF
a SiMpLE CoPYWritER

MAKING WAVES... WITH EVERY WORD... WITH EVERY BREATH...

Posted By Unknown on/at Tuesday, June 02, 2009

As of this past week, I've developed this habit of following the newspaper and news, daily (amazingly)... Occasionally cross-referencing contents online to get clarity and perspective... When we are small, seeing all the grownups read their newspaper early in the morning branded them as such... But then when you actually move into the habit, you realize all of sudden you've got an opinion on everything under the sun...

Oh, of course we all had an opinion on everything even before reading the news... But now you are backed by solid intel... And while on that subject, me being of the media; we are aware that media tends to colour information a little (the technical terminology I believe is ‘Agenda Setting Theory’), but how much??? Well it’s evident when you switch between the nation’s foremost news channels... Yes, I’m talking of NDTV, CNN-IBN, Times Now and the likes... One is pro this, the other is pro that, another is stuck in between and I don’t mean respectively...

Neutrality is a tall order and an expensive one it would seem... But between the lot, it’s an adventure of sorts to sort fact, fiction and lucrative hearsay bundled with a very subtly crafted element of propaganda... I guess it’s time to rewrite an age old adage and make it...

“A little media is a dangerous thing”

So I’ve thought of sticking to the news-tracking habit for now... Although, I plan to keep that habit away from the prying eyes of my fellow cousins and relative (younger ones of course)... Coz I don’t want to be branded a grownup ever... Well as long as I can... I suppose they’ll catch on eventually when my hair shows streaks of white when it catches the light... Maybe 30 years down the line....


...

    Get Feed Share on Digg Share on StumbleUpon Share on Delicious
Posted in

0 comments: