Idle Ponderings... Passing Fancies... Lessons Learnt... Second Thoughts... Bursts of Inspiration... Thoughts in Motion...

JAY IN TRANSLATION



A BACKDOOR PASS TO
tH3 DeVioUS aND DiaBOLicAL MiND oF
a SiMpLE CoPYWritER

MAKING WAVES... WITH EVERY WORD... WITH EVERY BREATH...

Posted By Unknown on/at Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Deadlines are a dirty word... Between banging your head against the wall and staring into space trying to coming up with great ideas... People might tell you your ideas and concepts are nice just to be polite... But at the end of the day, when push comes to shove, if you can't deliver it on page, you are heading nowhere fast... The greatest ads in the world has been delivered in partnership...

Yes, I'm talking about art and copy...
It's a kind of marriage, all the drama included... It's a union made in advertising heaven... But between the two, one thing's guaranteed... They'll make the worst parents ever... Obviously the ads are the kids... That being said, babies are born on the spur of the moment and aborted the next... Of course their are the tantrums and the arguments... But there is brutal honesty too and sharp criticism, and no politeness... And that's a big help despite the drama...

For me most of the best works have come out when I worked in partnership with a friend... His name is... Well, I don't want to swell his head... Amazingly he reads thoughts and executes sparks... Most of the time I trail behind trying to catch up with his sheer volume of ideas... I build on his more often than most... Don't get me wrong I'm pretty damn good at what I do too... But it takes a bigger man to be a team player...

And at the end of the day... That counts...

...


    Get Feed Share on Digg Share on StumbleUpon Share on Delicious

0 comments: