Idle Ponderings... Passing Fancies... Lessons Learnt... Second Thoughts... Bursts of Inspiration... Thoughts in Motion...

JAY IN TRANSLATION



A BACKDOOR PASS TO
tH3 DeVioUS aND DiaBOLicAL MiND oF
a SiMpLE CoPYWritER

MAKING WAVES... WITH EVERY WORD... WITH EVERY BREATH...

Posted By Unknown on/at Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I was busy with an Internship at an Ad agency... Now it's over... It was fun... Picked up my fair share of dos and don't s... Couple of people said I had potential.. I don't know whether they were being polite... But I'm an optimist and a fighter... So I'll strive along the lines of their lines...

I've been thinking about a PG, like an MBA in advertising... Flip-side is the general view is nothing beats experience and on the job mentoring for the like's of a budding copywriter... So, I've been stranded in mid-leap... Agency gyan is, nothing teaches better than the teacher's teacher, the industry...

Of course that includes
  • Working under a really good copywriter
  • Reading books that wear you out, until you wear out the books
  • Eat, sleep and drink ads, basically living off ads

An MBA just throws a wrench into the plans, if you really want to be something along the lines of a creative director... There is sense in that, I agree... An MBA gears you along the lines of technicalities and not aesthetics... But...

But it's just that in life, I've been brought up along the lines of thinking a contingency plan... The thought of making it big without any PG is well, awesome... But the alternate downhill picture is rather depress-iating... And hence the lingering thoughts of a PG...

But I'm shelving my plans for a PG, and rolling up my sleeves... My right hand is twitching, I'm going to write my heart out... I'm going to give copywriting my all... Cannes awards, here I come...

...

    Get Feed Share on Digg Share on StumbleUpon Share on Delicious

0 comments: